November 23, 2009

List of the week


This week's list is a little bit different than the others: it's not superficial at all!=) It's time for Belle's Top Ten Favourite Actors.
Just to clear a few things up, this is no academy awards. I've just made a list of my personal favourite actors, based on the narrow point of view that I have movie-wise (let's just face it: I saw Hannah Montana the Movie...and I kinda liked it. I'm not a good judge of movies because I like almost anything, and I'm the first one to admit that.) These are actors that I love to watch, whether it be comedies, action movies or drama - and no, it's not their good looks that I love to watch. Well, maybe sometimes (or most of the time?), but this list is strictly talent watching. So, here we go!

10. Seth Rogen. I've been in love with this guy since I first saw him in Knocked Up (yeah, I was a late bloomer Superbad-wise...). He's just so incredibly funny and cute in everything he does. I can't wait 'till The Green Hornet comes out. I'm a sucker for anything ''superhero'', and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in something a little bit different.

9. Ryan Reynolds. One word: hilarious! This guy puts a comedic twist to everything he does. Blade: Trinity anyone?


7. James Franco. This boy can do it all: comedy, action and drama. He was hilarious in Pineapple Express, action-y in Spiderman and amazing in Milk.


6. Emile Hirsch. I first remember him from The Girl Next Door, where he was totally adorable. After that, amazingness followed in every movie he did, among them Alpha Dog. (heart) Now, I'm eagerly awaiting Taking Woodstock on DVD, hoping with all my heart (and, half expecting - it's Emile Hirsch after all...) that it will be as awesome as his other movies.


6.
Will Smith. There's no doubt that he is funny (love him in Hitch - yeah, I know, lame! But he's still funny!). Lately, he's also gotten to show himself as a more serious actor, with movies like I Am Legend and The Pursuit of Happyness. He's also extremely action-y (yes, I'm making that a new word), for us simple minded creatures who're just looking for easy entertainment every now and then, with movies such as I, Robot (I recently learned that there's going to be a sequel! Yay, Will Smith!) and Men in Black.


5. Joseph Gordon-Levitt. As you all probably know, I totally fell for this boy the moment I laid my eyes on Mysterious Skin. I haven't got any words to describe how amazing he was in that movie. Actually, he's amazing in everything he does.



4. Matt Damon. Ever since I saw Good Will Hunting for the first time (that's probably 100 times ago=), Matt Damon has been one of my favourite actors. He just seems so sweet and kind and, of course, talented. His appearance in Eurotrip is just legendary and he cracks me up every time in the Ocean's movies.


3. Shia LaBeouf. Not only is he beautiful, he's also talented. He's a bit like Ryan Reynolds, in that he puts a comedic twist to almost everything he does. I'm always laughing out loud whenever I see Transformers, and he's hilarious in Surf's Up. I also cannot wait to see New York, I Love You where, presumably, he gets to show his more dramatic side.



2. Christian Bale. I watched Terminator: Salvation yesterday, and I was reminded of why this guy makes it all the way up on the podium of my list. Ever since I saw Batman Begins for the first time (again, you know I'm a sucker for anything ''superhero'') he's been a favourite of mine. He's got SO many great movies, but my favourites have to be Equilibrium and The Prestige (again, narrow-minded. I haven't seen The Machinist nor American Psycho, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about...=). There's just nothing random about any of his characters. He's just awesome!


1. Denzel Washington. The one and only: talent on a stick. I love him in anything he does, from Remember the Titans to American Gangster. How great was he in that last one? I'm still amazed.
Anywho, I would watch him staring into a wall for one hour. That's how much I like him. *swoon*

No comments:

Post a Comment