October 12, 2009

List of the week

It's time for this week's list: Belle's Top Ten Awesome Books.


10.
Milkrun - Sarah Mlynowski. This book is not usually what I go for (I got it in a magazine - that probably says it all), but I read it and I loved it. It's cute and really funny (funny like I can't even read it public funny) and just all around a great way to spend a couple of days.


9. Paktens Voktere - Tom Egeland. Think Dan Brown. Only a thousand times better. Then you get Tom Egeland.


8. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien. Easier to read than ''the rings'', and equally entertaining, exciting and all around a thrill to read. Can't wait until the movie comes out (is it 2011?) and hoping it will be as awesome as The Lord of the Rings movies.


7. The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien. Nobody writes fantasy as breathtaking as Tolkien. (And, equally, nobody makes movies as breathtaking as Peter Jackson =D) It's a bit hard to read at first, but as soon as you get into the story you can't seem to get out of it until the very end.


6. Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination - Helen Fielding. Hysterical, thrilling and all around fun to read. I haven't read Bridget Jones, so I don't have anything to compare with, but I don't think this book needs any comparison. Olivia Joules is my heroine.


5. Memoirs of a Geisha (or, Geisha) - Arthur Golden. Beautiful and horrible, all in one.


4. Whispering to Witches - Anna Dale. An unbelievably cute story about friendship, the winter and of course magic.


3. Codex Alera - Jim Butcher. There are currently six books in this series, I've read four of them. They're all equally amazing, so I couldn't have chosen one if you put a gun to my head. I went through four books in probably 2 weeks, so I can safely say that you get sucked into the story, and it won't let you go until the very last word. One word, to quote Perez: amazeballs!


2. Eragon - Christopher Paolini. This series (Eldest) is simply amazing. If I had to chose one book which I like a little bit more than the others, it's the first one, Eragon. I love the magic, the characters and the world of Alagaësia.


1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling. The one and only - nobody can compete with Harry Potter in terms of characters, details and the story all around. Goblet is the fourth book in the series, and the book I've read the most times - with good reason. Harry Potter is my hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment